Welcome to the new series “Best Books for Entrepreneurs”! However, the content that we will be sharing in this new category is also for bloggers and anyone who wants to learn new skills and widen their knowledge in diverse topics from management, goals, habits, writing, communication, and more!
Inkish Kingdoms has always focused on sharing the best books and helping readers to have multiple opinions on why they should or should not try a book, how to drive book clubs, editorial reviews, which help readers discover new stories. However, from today and on, we will dive into a new genre for those looking to develop themselves through titles written by experts in different business fields.
We hope this new series helps you develop new skills and be successful in your many endeavors!
S.M.A.R.T. Goals Made Simple – 10 Steps to Master Your Personal and Career Goals
Let’s give some background about S.J. Scott, the author of this incredible title. S.J. Scott is an author, blogger, and speaker. His areas of expertise are self-help, personal development, habit change, and online publishing. He has a BA in Psychology from Montclair State University and has been self-employed for 12 years already.
In this title, Scott gives a brief introduction to S.M.A.R.T. Goals and how to accomplish them.
Idea in brief: What are S.M.A.R.T. Goals?
- A goal is the desired outcome of an action or task. The value of goal setting is that it helps us take an unclear idea and turn it into a reality.
- S.M.A.R.T. goals are specific objectives. You cannot create an action plan if you do not have a clear description of your desired outcome.
- S.M.A.R.T. stands for Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, Time-Bound
If our goals have those three elements, they are well-thought goals. Example:
- Write 48 blog-post by the end of 2022.
It is specific, measurable, time-bound, relevant for your field (if you have a blog), and hopefully attainable (do you have enough time to write those blogs?).
Idea in brief: What is the difference between S.M.A.R.T. Outcome Goals and S.M.A.R.T. Performance Goals?
In simple terms:
- Outcome Goals: you focus on the outcome and what you want to achieve.
- Write 48 blog-post by the end of 2022 to increase web traffic. The outcome? 48 blog posts.
- Performance Goals: you focus on the actions to take to accomplish the goal.
- Write six-monthly blog posts starting in April until December to increase the web traffic by 20%. The focus here is on the six blogs monthly, which will take you to the goal of 48 yearly blog posts and a 20% traffic increase.
Someone already part of the workforce might find this information redundant and seen before, but that is the appealing part of the book that is just the first ten pages of the book. The rest of the book focuses on how you can:
- Create S.M.A.R.T. goals not only for work but also in different parts of your life like:
- Health goals
- Five actions to take to turn those S.M.A.R.T. goals into actions because the easy part is coming up with the goals, but taking actions and building habits takes consistency, effort, time, and willpower.
- Setting S.M.A.R.T. goals will help bloggers and authors achieve their reading goals.
- Setting S.M.A.R.T. goals will help readers to find the time to read more.
- Setting S.M.A.R.T. goals will help content creators schedule time to create more content (Tweets, LinkedIn Posts, Designs, TikTok, Reels, YouTube videos, Twitch streamings, and more!)
If you are struggling or simply have more order in your life, we encourage you to get this book. You can also follow Inkish Kingdoms on LinkedIn where we will be sharing “ideas in brief” and infographics with this and other information about setting S.M.A.R.T. goals!
Check us out on social media for bookish life and weekly content creation. Check out our pictures, our reviews on-demand, indie reviews, and memes in any of our below networks! We review audiobooks, physical books, and ebooks, and share bookish news!
Want to try out Book of the Month and its beautiful versions? Click on the icon to get a free book on us!
Those are affiliate links that will get me small commissions if you use them! Thank you for your support!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases
Become an Awin affiliate and monetize your blog! Prices, books available, and promotions may vary!