People sometimes are too quick to judge a book by little details. Sometimes, they are ready to burn a book without analyzing the value of every single event, word, and allusion the book holds for our entertainment.
One of those books is The Give by Lois Lowry. The power of the book and how a reader can analyze it. With this guide, even a child could understand the biblical proportions and impact of a book like The Giver.
Remember that with Inkish Kingdoms you have access to many book club questions, guides on how to answer them, and even how to drive your book club meetings and their conversations.
Check the full review of the novel to understand the book better:
Do you need help with this book and the answers to these questions? Please, check this out! We have them all for you!
Literary questions about The Giver
- What does the name Jonah mean?
- What does the name Gabriel mean?
- What is the meaning of the apple?
- The apple was the first thing that changed… what does that mean?
- What is the meaning of watching the color red first?
- What are the hero archetype and the journey?
- Where do we see the “outlaw” archetype?
- Why are they not allowed to have books in their homes? Why does only The Giver have access to Books?
Philosophical Questions about The Giver
- Why does being a birth mother lack honor? What is so unimportant about being a birth mother or a “breeder”?
- Why do they make everybody talk or share their dreams or emotions or what happened every single day during dinner?
- Why do they inhibit the sexual desire of the people?
- Why do they keep them with only the memories of their lives?
- Why is choosing such important motifs in this and other novels?
- What is the importance of being “careful” with language?
Check us out on social media for bookish life and weekly content creation. Check out our pictures, our reviews on-demand, indie reviews, and memes in any of our below networks! We review audiobooks, physical books, and ebooks, and share bookish news!
Want to try out Book of the Month and its beautiful versions? Click on the icon to get a free book on us!
Leave a Reply