Pick incredible book club books and be ready for your book club! How to run your book club, you ask? Well, we have the answer for that too! If you need to be ready for your own book club check the rest of our posts with answers here! We do the reading, the questioning, and the answering for you!
Access all the answers to these 19 questions by joining our membership in Ko-Fi! Have full access to this book club questions and other books! HURRY!
Let’s warm up Questions
- Why does she live in an inhabitable house?
- Why does she lives or describes her house as a dollhouse?
- Are the letters a way of catharsis or are they a way to release the soul and mind of all that weighs upon it?
- Why does she blame herself?
- Why is she forced to go visit him? Why is she using “I am his mother” as a justification?
- Is there something that Eva is really guilty of?
- Eva was so into having control over everything, why do you think that she felt defeated by feeling pain during the partition?
- Why did she resent the fact that Kevin loved or felt secure in his father’s arms and not hers?
- Do mothers have additional pressure from society? Like they need to be careful of what they do for the sake of avoiding what other people will say about them?
- Are other mothers too judgy to other mothers or new mothers?
- What is the implication of the phrase “welcome to your new life” when the husband finds out that she is pregnant?
- Why does Eva resent so much her husband when she was giving birth?
- Do you think that she is the villain or does she thinks she is the villain for her own accord or because of the husband’s constant gaslighting? On page 126 who is see how Kevin is putting a lot of salt on top of his beef and when she starts to clean it, we see how the husband is blaming her that she does not allow the kid to have fun. Why is playing with your foot something funny? What is his rejection of education and authority?
- Page 166 Loretta said that it is always the mother’s fault. Do you agree with this?
- Why crimson? Why vandalize her house with red blood paint?
- “My yearning to go home had grown recurrent, but was most intense when I was already there” what does this mean?
- What is the meaning of the scene where Eva and Kevin go out for dinner, but Kevin eats a whole chicken before going out?
- Why is the leeches scene so difficult to swallow and yet so powerful?
- According to Freud, what complex do you see present in Kevin?
Check us out on social media for bookish life and weekly content creation. Check out our pictures, our reviews on-demand, indie reviews, and memes in any of our below networks! We review audiobooks, physical books, and ebooks, and share bookish news!
Want to try out Book of the Month and its beautiful versions? Click on the icon to get a free book on us!
Those are affiliate links that will get me small commissions if you use them! Thank you for your support!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases
Become an Awin affiliate and monetize your blog! Prices, books available, and promotions may vary!
Leave a Reply